The Holidays are Here
Are you feeling it? Me too. The holiday season has just begun and I already feel like I’ve indulged in too much sugar, wine, and cheese. But I have no intention of depriving myself of those joys during the holiday. Instead, I’ve got a plan and I’m going to share it with you.
First, over the weekend I baked some veggies and chicken. That way, I can just add broth and eat simple soups for lunch during the week. This is to “balance” out the weekend of holiday cheermeister festivities.
Detox After the Holidays
Second, on January 8th, I’m doing an 11 day detox. Why the 8th? Because it’s too overwhelming to start on the 2nd. It gives me a week to “pre-detox” and get my mindset and fridge stocked. Why 11 days? Well, 5 is too short and 21 is too long. Eleven is a great number. A quick google search on the significance of the number 11 in numerology yielded this lovely result:
“A Master number, the 11 is the most intuitive of all numbers. It is instinctual, charismatic, dynamic and capable when its sights are set on a concrete goal. The 11 is the number associated with faith and psychics.”
Ok. So here’s the plan.
- Breakfast will be a shake. I’ll provide the recipe and you can add USANA protein booster, or not, it’s up to you. It will contain all the nutrients you need to an amazing day. If you don’t want to start your day with a shake, that’s fine too, just have it for one of your meals. On long patient days, I usually have a shake for dinner. Makes my life super simple and then I’m not eating dinner at 10pm.
- Lunch will contain 1 green veggie and 3 other veggies NOT potatoes, 1 healthy fat, and 1 protein. Dinner will be 1 protein and 1 green veggie. You can eat more veggies if you like, but not less than the list.
- Snacks are only if you ABSOLUTELY need them. They will contain protein and fat such as hummus or nuts.
- Optional addition that I will be doing is taking daily USANA probiotic, digestive enzymes, nutritional supplements and Hepasil (liver support) supplement. I can help you with these if you wish.
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day.
- I will create a FaceBook group where I will post daily info, recipes, insights and answer any questions.
Easing It In
If you are loving this plan, you can continue it for 30 days. If you would like to eat a few of your favorites such as cheese, wine, or potatoes, then you need to slowly integrate these back into your life.
So, after the 25 days, you’ll now be able to try out your old foods and clearly see how your body reacts to them. Start with dairy and eat 2-3 servings for 3 days. If, after doing this, you feel crappy, then you most likely have a sensitivity to dairy and you would do best to avoid it in the future.
Next, wait 3 days after your dairy feast for your body to “RESET” itself. Then test gluten the same way you tested dairy. Try simple wheat gluten such as pasta since bread usually contains yeast and sugar. Note how you feel over the 72 hours and make adjustments as needed.
This may sound like too much work, but what if you did this and you ended your anxiety, nasal congestion, irritability, sleeplessness, digestion issues, weight gain, fatigue, muscle pain, headaches, cravings, skin rashes, or joint pain FOREVER! Wouldn’t it be worth it?
Let’s face it, we can’t eat the way we did in our teens and twenties. And, food is no longer the same as it was back then. So, email me to join in my January 8th Magical 11 day detox program. Thanks. Donna