In a Nutshell
There are so many fads out there and so many different thoughts when it comes to healthy eating. Here is what I tell people to do to start simply eating well. It’s super simple. Eat mostly veggies and a small portion of clean protein. If you must eat grains, keep them to only a few times a week. If you like dairy, and it likes you, only eat whole fat organic daily. Anything less fat is a highly processed food and then you can’t get the K,E,A, and D vitamins which are fat soluble.
If you have weight issues, only eat 3 meals a day, no snacks and stop eating by 7pm.
Eat clean, healthy fats like avocado, coconut, and olive.
Simple Meal Ideas
Here are some super simple breakfast ideas:
- Fruit and veggie smoothie with coconut milk and whey protein powder
- Eggs in any form cooked in good fat and served with greens and veggies
- Organic Sausage patties with greens
- Berries and heavy cream or yogurt (organic or raw) served with nut only granola
Here are some lunch/dinner ideas
- Any kind of meat in chicken stock with veggies
- Any kind of meat and veggies
- Salmon and salad
- Chicken salad, egg salad, chicken salad, tempeh salad
- Nitrite/nitrate free Deli meat, avocado, organic cheese in lettuce cups
- Salad topped with meat, avocado and cashews
Snacks are something that I don’t personally eat, but if you can’t make it to dinner without a snack, here are some ideas. Also, dinner should be at 6pm and stop eating by 7pm.
- Deviled eggs with raw veggies
- Fruit and nuts or nut butter
- Cucumber, seeds removed, filled with organic whole fat cream cheese
- Kale chips and hummus
So with a little planning and a little prep, you can start simply eating well. Enjoy.