3 Easy Ways to Infuse Life with Happiness

ways to Infuse Life with Happiness“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale

Did you know that 60 percent of your happiness depends on your DNA and the circumstances life throws at you? The other 40 percent is determined by your thoughts and actions. [tweetthis]You deserve to be happy, and there are a few simple things you can do each day to make your life a bit brighter[/tweetthis]. Start with these three:

Slow down

Sometimes we get into the habit of moving quickly through life. We’re always thinking about what needs to be done, what to do next, what tomorrow has in store. We eat fast, talk fast, walk fast, and can be incredibly impatient. Think of all the anxiety that comes from those habits. We’re so focused on moving forward that we don’t take the time to truly live in the moment, the present. Make a real effort to slow down during small, everyday tasks. Living at a slower pace and appreciating life’s little moments allows you to feel gratitude, and that’s a very happy feeling.

Find an exercise you enjoy

We all know that our bodies need exercise in order to stay healthy, but our brains benefit from physical activity, too. If you’ve had a tough time finding a workout routine that you actually look forward to, it’s time to find something new. Life’s too short to do things that don’t make you happy, and running on treadmills isn’t for everyone. Do you like dancing? Try a Zumba class. Are you into sports? Find a local league and get involved. When you find an exercise that you really enjoy, it’s a lot easier to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and the benefits are endless.

Set and achieve small, reachable goals

This one is so important. When we accomplish something, we feel proud. We feel validated, confident, and optimistic. Set goals for yourself and make a concentrated effort to achieve them. Make them things that you can do in the short term, not over the course of weeks or months. Cook a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try. Read a book cover to cover. Push your workout to new limits. These might not seem like the biggest achievements, but accomplishing something (no matter how big or small) offers an instant brain boost. Prove to yourself that you’re capable. The more often you do it, the better you’ll feel in the long run.

Sure, there will always be good days and bad days. Sometimes life is just plain tough. But you have the power to make each day better than the one before. Start with these 3 tactics and start living a happier, healthier life.

Grab the New Book!