Just like there isn’t a magic pill for weight loss, there isn’t one vitamin that will give you perfectly beautiful skin. It’s like most things in life, you need to work at it daily.
1. Drink more water. I know you’ve heard this one from me before, but it’s so true. Your skin is the largest organ and it needs hydration. Shoot for about 64 oz a day or about half your body weight in ounces. Add some lemon or cucumber slices to liven it up a bit.
2. Get sleep. Everyone has different needs but most people get too little. You need good quality sleep for 7-9 hours per night. Regular sleep patterns help regulate the natural secretion of human growth hormone, which promotes collagen production and cell turnover and helps reveal your healthy glow.
3. Exercise. Exercise has both physical and psychological benefits but it also increases circulation and glow of nutrients to your skin. It’s also a great stress reliever. Stress causes wrinkles and imbalance of hormones.
4. Eat whole, nutrient dense foods. It’s hard to imagine healthy looking skin without a healthy diet. We all know that eating fruits and veggies are key.
Here are some foods that are especially kind to your skin:
- Greek yogurt
- All colors of bell peppers
- Kidney beans
- Strawberries and blueberries (organic, of course)
5. USANA supplements and skin care. I really like the Essentials along with Biomega Fish oil and Proflavenol. I recommend all the USANA skin care products as they are free of all preservatives, which is better than any organic line I’ve ever found.